Thursday, December 07, 2006

Bunny


Bunny, so peaceful and intellectual, may soon have a companion. I’ve been joking about getting a live (notice I don’t use “real” to distinguish it from Bunny) rabbit for a while now and have decided that a fluffy lagomorph, hopping pleasantly across the carpet, gnawing sweetly on my computer cords, is no longer just a fantasy; it would greatly enhance the wellbeing of those in my household. I intend to do research for a few weeks and start seriously looking for one when I get back from Christmas vacation.
My soul clings to the dust;
give me life according to your word!
When I told of my ways, you answered me;
teach me your statutes!
Make me understand the way of your precepts,
and I will meditate on your wondrous works.
My soul melts away for sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word!
Put false ways far from me
and graciously teach me your law!
I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
I set your rules before me.
I cling to your testimonies, O Lord;
let me not be put to shame!
I will run in the way of your commandments
when you enlarge my heart!

4 comments:

andrew said...

That's awesome! Promise me you'll come up with a more creative name for your live rabbit.

Tree of Valinor said...

I'm starting to make a list of ideas (Snuffles, Hopper, etc.). Your suggestions are welcome!

Scharnhorst said...

How about Grishnak or Ankalagon? Glaurung? Palpatine? Behemoth? Leviathan?

Tree of Valinor said...

I love your style! I had considered Gargantua and Gollum, and cruel Roman emperor names, but none of those ones. I think it would be fun to name the rabbit after a country or an abstract noun or a typeface, but part of me rebels against being clever and trendy and wants to call it something like Joe or Dwight. I'm hoping that when I see the little creature its name will be clear. There will be a name that is perfect and inevitable. Perhaps I will name it after one of my dear brothers, or both...