Friday, October 06, 2006

On the bus today


I stumbled across the most fabulous blog with Blogger’s “next blog” feature. Someone is faithfully writing about their experiences riding the bus every day.

I love riding buses. There was a year in high school when I had to ride the bus through its entire first route around the other end of town after school (there weren’t enough buses, so many of them did two routes) and then the bus would pick up its second load of people and head for my neighborhood. It took a long time to get home. But I really liked it. In the days of wires and cords, you weren’t really expected to be doing six other things to maximize your time on the bus, and it was a very peaceful ride. I just like looking out the window.

This blogger chronicling the daily bus rides has a good sense of humor and detachment. I think it’s a grand idea. I thought about having a category of posts on this blog talking about our daily commutes, but that seems like it might be dangerous, since we are all so eminently stalkable.

1 comment:

Scharnhorst said...

The subtitle for the blog reads: "If you think that's a good idea for a blog, think again." It is a great idea, but I think what the blogger is getting at is that on most bus trips not much exciting happens - which points to the reliability and dependability of bus transport, especially in Europe where this blogger evidently lives. I ride the bus to work and most of my exciting experiences are my own fault.