Monday, May 31, 2004

Valuable Manuscript Unearthed

As I was perusing the writings of Dahl this morning, I discovered a historic document folded within its pages. It appeared to be a textual explication of one of the great one's poems, coauthored by four critics in serial fashion on a sheet of notebook paper. Because of its uniqueness and enlightening content, I considered publishing it on the blog, but I thought it might be more meaningful to you if you read the poem first. In deference to copyright laws, I will not print the poem here, but I will give you a week to purchase or check out Roald Dahl's "The Lion" (from Dirty Beasts), after which I will post the never-before-published explication for your exclusive viewing. It appears no one (except nerzhin) is reading anything worth mentioning these days, so I trust you can find time to skim this classic, pungent 18-liner. Look forward to Monday, June 7 for the unveiling of the manuscript!

No comments: